13 Regions, 10 Languages, ONE Global Learning Solution
By guest expert, Paul Mailhot, Sr. Director WW Sales & Services Training, Autodesk
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software, Autodesk is a pioneer in the software industry – especially when it comes to connecting our network of partners to sell Autodesk products. We have 3,000+ distributors and resellers on every continent and in almost every country in the world. And they account for over 90% of our software sales!
Autodesk revenues and profits depend on our resellers’ collective product knowledge and sales skills, so it’s crucial that partner learning is current and consistent. That’s why we sought a smarter, global approach to educating our partners − many of whom are dedicated exclusively to selling Autodesk products. Our search led us to Expertus and their dynamic cloud-based learning platform called ExpertusONE.
Our teams worked together to create a single, engaging user experience for all of our worldwide channel partners that automatically adapts to their own language, product-focus, region and industry.
With this one global partner solution, we now:
- Support partners in Europe, Asia and Africa with the same content, at the same time, in 10 localized languages;
- Integrate training through four unrelated enterprise systems into one centralized learning environment;
- Provide 24/7, on-demand, worldwide access to virtual training and eLearning, regardless of bandwidth constraints;
- Enable resellers to share opinions and collaborate with other channel partners through social learning tools.
For the first time, we globally share business-critical product info, personalized training plans and content on one learning platform. And because our global reseller community has total access to our latest learning content and forums, they know our products better and are selling more software to more customers.
As Paul indicates, reseller education requirements can be very complex. Successful channel training requires a highly flexible, adaptive learning infrastructure to support fluid global business realities. Here are additional insights for those who manage partner learning programs:
- Full Case Study: Autodesk Empowers Worldwide Business Partners.
- Advice from Learning Leaders: Executives discuss what’s essential for successful channel training programs.
- Webinar On-Demand: How to Build a World-Class Partner Certification Program.
Note from Expertus: Want to rally your channel productivity and effectiveness with a next-gen extended enterprise learning platform? To learn more about how our cloud-based LMS can make channel training more accessible and effective for your company, contact us at Expertus.com or send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editorial Note: Thanks to guest author, Paul Mailhot, Sr. Director WW Sales & Services Training, Autodesk. Do you have a question about this topic? Or do you have a next-generation enterprise learning story to share? Contact us anytime at email@example.com.
Photo credit: Autodesk wireframe courtesy Princeton University